Hard Matrix antifouling with very slow solubility and an extremely smooth surface. It is particularly suitable for fast motorboats (over 35 knots speed) or racing sailboats.
Not suitable for light alloy hulls.
Hard matrix antifouling
Hard antifouling containing PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) which provides an extremely smooth and sliding surface. It is ideal for fast motorboats and racing sailboats. Its unique combination of active substances has been specially designed to minimise the formation of silt, which can significantly slow boat performance. It will no longer be necessary to go underwater or haul out the boat to clean the hull before every race.
1. Thoroughly degrease the fiberglass surface with solvent, or in the case of a wooden or iron boat the last coat of suitable epoxy cycle (see MARLIN catalogue).
2. Sand the surface well with medium-coarse-grained sandpaper (80-120).
3. Apply a coat of FIBERGLASS PRIMER (both on the fiberglass and on the epoxy cycle).
4. After at least 3 hours (at 20 ° C), apply the first coat of MARLIN HARD.
5. After at least 6 hours (at 20 ° C), apply a second coat of MARLIN HARD.
6. After at least 6 hours, apply a third coat of MARLIN HARD on the corners or the waterline
7. On hulls already treated with MARLIN HARD, it is necessary to eliminate the porous surface layer with an energetic pressure washing or better still by sanding. The same procedure must also be applied in the case of other traditional antifoulings, most of which MARLIN HARD is compatible with. In the case of a very porous or badly reduced surface, it is advisable to apply, before MARLIN HARD, a coat of UNIVERSAL PRIMER diluted with about 20% of thinner DILUENTE N ° 2.
8. Wait at least 16 hours after the last coat before launching (at 20 ° C).
• Mix very carefully before use.
• Do not use at temperatures below 0 ° C or above 38 ° C. In case of cold temperatures it is important to wait at least 48 hours after the last coat befor launching.
• Apply at least 2 coats with minimum consumption per coat of 9 sqm / l, and a third coat on the waterline and edges.
• Any underwater cleaning of the hull (with brushes, abrasive felt, sponges) considerably shortens the duration of the protection, as each of these operations takes away a lot of thickness. It is therefore advisable to clean the hull only if necessary and very gently.
YIELD 8 - 9 sqm/lt per coat
SPECIFIC WEIGHT 1.45 - 1.50
TACK DRY 30 minutes
TOUCH DRY 3 hours at 20°C
COMPLETELY DRY 16 hours at 20°C
DRYING TIME PRIOR TO RECOATING 6 hours
DRYING TIME PRIOR TO LAUNCHING minimum 16 hours (depending on the thickness applied) - max 6 months
APPLICATION METHODS brush, spray, roller
THINNER DILUENTE n ° 2 (for spray, about 10%)
Unit size 2.5kg.