The boomstrut’ lightweight, low profile design features two flexible coated fibreglass rods which provide the force to support the boom. Pulling the boom down with a conventional kicker causes the Boomstrut to flex upwards; releasing straightens the rods, thereby lifting and supporting the boom.
The kit is supplied complete for the installation as a complement to the existing vang and consists of:
• 2 coated flexible fibreglass rods giving sufficient back pressure to support the boom and mainsail.
• High quality Spectro anodised aluminium mast and boom fittings.
• Stainless steel fastenings. No servicing requirements. Carefully constructed to eliminate sharp edges and save damage to sails.
• Supports the boom at all times.
• Prevents accidents when the topping lift is incorrectly set or adjusted.
• Safer sail handling in bad weather or when sailing short handed (reefing, raising or lowering mainsail).
• Lightweight, saves windage aloft.
• Immediate smooth response. No adjustments needed.
• No requirement for a topping lift; it provides an additional mainsail halyard.
• Fits all types of mast and boom extrusions, and can be easily shortened by simply cutting with a fine-toothed hacksaw.
For boats up to 6 mt; pin-to-pin length 96 cm; max rods can be reduced by 15 cm; max force 90 kg; max stroke at full adjustment 15 cm.