Victron Energy SmartSolar Charge Controllers with MPPT 100/20 12/24/48V 20A Load Output
A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximises this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
The SmartSolar charge controller will even recharge a severely depleted battery. It can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts, provided the cells are not permanently sulphated or otherwise damaged.
• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT): Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10 % compared to slower MPPT controllers.
• Load output: Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a preset voltage.
• BatteryLife: intelligent battery management. The BatteryLife algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%.
• Resin encapsulated electronics.
• Day/night timing and light dimming option.
• Outstanding conversion efficiency: No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F). No cooling fan.
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions: If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPT’s tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
• Flexible charge algorithm: Fully programmable charge algorithm, and eight preprogrammed algorithms, selectable with a rotary switch.
• Extensive electronic protection: Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high. PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection. PV reverse current protection.
- Battery voltage (auto select): 12/24/48V;
- Rated charging current: 20A;
- Nominal PV power, 12V/24V/48V: 290W/580W/1160W;
- Maximum PV open circuit voltage: 100V;
- Max PV short-circuit current 2: 20A;
- Automatic load disconnect: Yes;
- Peak efficiency: 98%;
- Self-consumption - load ON: 26/20/19 mA;
- Self-consumption - load OFF: 10/8/7 mA;
- Charging voltage - absorption: 14.4V/28.8V/57.6V;
- Charging voltage - float: 13.8V/27.6V/55.2V;
- Charging algorithm: Multi-phase adaptive;
- Temperature compensation: -16 mV/°C or -32 mV/°C;
- Max continuous charge current: 20A/20A/1A;
- Low voltage load disconnect: 11.1V / 22.2V / 44.4V or 11.8V / 23.6V / 47.2V or Battery Life algorithm;
- Low voltage load reconnect: 13.1V / 26.2V / 52.4V or 14V / 28V / 56V or Battery Life algorithm;
- Protection: Output short circuit/Over temperature;
- Operating temperature: From -30 to + 60°C (full rated output up to 40°C);
- Humidity: 95%, non-condensing;
- Color: Blue (RAL 5012);
- Power terminals: 6mmq/AWG10;
- Protection category: IP 43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area);
- Weight: 0.65 kg;
- Size: 100x113x60 mm;
- Safety: EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.2.